Wednesday, January 8, 2014

HACKING MY EDUCATION

To hack means to break up the surface.  Education up until now has been a breeze over many topics of just that - the surface, but when will we be able to go more in-depth and think more about our own thinking?  I'm tired of waiting for the "glory days" of college life to figure that out for me; so consider my education already hacked as of last semester.  Questions like "what do you want to know?" or "what skills would you like to demonstrate?" or even "what experiences would you like to face?" have always come up in the past, but they were never realized until this year.  With new freedom to learn during my senior year, I'm embarrassed to say I'm dumbfounded over these types of questions now.  I've never been conditioned to think freely, meaning that I've been a slave to my learning since the day I blindly took a step into the educational system.  My priorities are now on the fence, and I can't decide whether or not I want to know more about medicinal science, writing skills, or skilled musicians.  There's so much to learn, and a very limited amount of time to become experts in all fields.  Before I conquer these mountains though, I'd like to re-learn to love learning.  I'm already tired of school, and it's barely the first day of my second semester.  I want to demonstrate my writing skills on my blog, and I'd like to experience peace in learning before my world turns upside down.  It doesn't seem like too much to ask for.

No comments:

Post a Comment