Tuesday, October 8, 2013

GREEN EGGS AND HAMLET

A.) I have no idea what Hamlet is about, but I'm sure I'm about to find out soon enough.

B.) I know enough about Shakespeare to know that he wrote Romeo and Juliet and Hamlet, and he's fond of iambic pentameter, but that's it.

C.)  I feel as though students not only frown to Shakespeare, but they frown to any piece of literature that requires thought and brainpower to simply understand what in the world is going on in the story.  Shakespeare isn't exactly separate from other olden authors, and I'm sure you can ask any high school student if they'd rather read Essays of Michel de Montaigne or Hamlet, and most (if not all) would respond with Hamlet.

D.)  We could always act out the play and get ourselves on Broadway, or not.  Either way, it'll be something different.

I like how we can incorporate a Dr. Seuss allusion into Hamlet.  The theme of "don't knock it until you try it" is fairly accurate when discussing upcoming assignments on Shakespeare.

No comments:

Post a Comment