Sunday, September 1, 2013

LITERARY ANALYSIS 1: WHY THIS BOOK?

For my first dive into literature, I chose Crime and Punishment by Fyodor Dostoevsky for various reasons.  I'm one of those guys who finds most novels boring and ultimately hard to follow, which also gives the average English teacher yet one more reason to loathe me, but I'm a guy who also likes mystery and action; therefore, the title Crime and Punishment caught my eye.  After reading a little bit about the book, I found that this book might just hold my interest.  Plus, I've never read any literature from a Russian author; so it would be fun to see how this goes.  Lastly, this title was projected to be highly referred to on the AP tests.  Although I will most likely be saving these referenced books to read during the spring to better prepare myself for the AP test, it would be good to at least try one out before I venture into other pieces like  Invisible Man.

No comments:

Post a Comment