Tuesday, September 24, 2013

NETVIBES NEGATIVITY

Believe me, I love becoming an expert in various fields, and that ranges from social media to sports, but when I took a quick glimpse at the Netvibes dashboard, my mind simply told me, "Ian, you don't have time for this."  It's about as helpful as the good ole' Google, except instead of opening a number of tabs on your web browser, Netvibes puts all of your tabs into one dashboard giving you one result: small words on small words on more small words.  Although I appreciate the approach of planning out my life before I live it, I believe that someone would have more luck setting a few dates into your smart phone while archiving a few general essays for scholarships in Microsoft Word, applying to various scholarships online through programs like Zinch (which notifies you of the scholarships you have already applied to), and calling it a day.  There is a learning curve to all technology, but this is a curve I do not wish to learn.  If I choose to go through the online-planner route in the future, I will probably be looking into some alternatives.  Jerry Michalski's brain suddenly looks much more appealing.

No comments:

Post a Comment